Wednesday, 11 May 2011

Not yer normal winery - reloaded - #1335




This isn't the sort of quaint German winery that you'll see in the tourist ads.

No geraniums, no trailing vines canopying secluded courtyards, no buxom serving wenches, no candle-lit tables

Nothing romantic about it at all, in fact.

What you DO get though is seriously good wine, funky people and two seriously good hoolies a year.

This was the autumn do last year and the other day, we rocked on over with Prof and his missus to the spring do.

He doesn't get all twee and charge this much for this wine and that much for that wine.

Standard price for a glass, buy a bottle at the list price, food costs €9.50 a serving and €5 for a dessert.

Good band: Troll and the Freibeuter (Buccaneers)

On view:
Vegetarian pizza (roasted peppers, San Mazano tomato, aubergine, avocad0) on flat bread

Avocado and chocolate icecream on a frozen rock.

Pastry pocket with fresh cheese, rhubarb and strawberry compote and fresh curds

Yummy.....



6 comments:

Kate said...

I think that you should design and post a restaurant review blog for your area.

Virginia said...

I"m dying over the pizza and must know who that ice cream was. Never heard of it and a frozen rock made we LOL! It all loves terrific. Sorry I couldn't have been there, I could have stood in for the buxom wench!
V

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

It all sounds fabulous to me and I would definitely want to try that ice cream. I have eaten some strange flavors of macarons in Paris (wasabi) and have made a few also.

Bises,
Genie

paul said...

Leib, Seele und Geist --- good to know you are well looked after, jb.

Petrea Burchard said...

You made me hungry and I just ate. Not fair.

Nathalie said...

Did you write avocado and chocolate ice-cream? I'll have to think about that one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails