Thursday, 14 April 2011

Asparagusing - #1308

 
Now that all the nucular (oops, we don't have to say that any more now that the Idiot Bush is no longer President) nuclear power stations are being closed down over here, we should be happy that the place has been comprehensively verspargelt (=asparagussed, a pejorative phrase used to criticise the impact of windfarms on the landscape). 

They'll give us electricity for about 10 minutes a day, if I've got my sums right.

And while we're on the subject of renewables - here's a classic example of the peaceful use of solar energy being used to supercharge the local asparagus crop under plastic foil.

Thinks: isn't plastic a by-product of the petrochemical industry? 

Not that green after all, then...

4 comments:

Kate said...

Life is full of contradictions!

Virginia said...

I hope it is that rather large asparagus that I love! :)
Nice shot jb, really nice.
V

paul said...

Good juxtaposition and great light.

Thanks for keeping me abreast of developments in my mother tongue, I had not come across verspargelt/Verspargelung before.

Babooshka said...

Love the Bush tagline, and use of new words, and strangely beautiful image.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails